Welcome to my bookworm blog!

This blog is for people who love reading and writing! I hope you enjoy your findings here. (April -- this is brand new, so you won't find much here now, but just wait, I plan to add so much more!)

18.6.13

Review: Wisdom Tree by Mary Manners

Young Corey and his older brother Jake, who is also a young Pastor of a church, lose their parents one tragic night as they make their way to the hospital to their youngest son who was rushed into surgery. Over the next couple of months it is a true struggle for Corey to emotionally accept what's happened and for Jake to help him through it. Just when Jake thinks he's failed, Corey's English teacher Carin comes into the picture. By making Corey responsible for his actions she not only brings Corey and Jake closer together, but unknowingly throws herself into the mix. Along with all the other troubles Jake has in dealing with Corey, Carin has problems of her own that soon make themselves known.

I LOVED this book!  I literally sat here and read the whole book in just a couple hours this morning. I didn't want to put it down. It had some action, suspense (you never knew what was happening or going to happen next), and romance in it. The best part of it all was the faith pronounced in the book. God is a huge presence within each chapter of the lives of these three young people.

The best part of all - there is a devotional with reflections and prayers in it. Five stars for this awesome book!

I was given this book by the publisher and bookfun.org in return for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment